Monday, July 8, 2013

IT'S MY MONEY. I WANT IT BACK!

So I go to a doctor on May 29, 2013.  I pay my $35.00 co-pay at the time of my visit.
June 19, 2013 I receive the Explanation of Benefits from my insurance company.  (In my
experience, the provider receives this information several days before I do.)  I am only allowed
4 doctor visits per year.  After that, the cost is applied to my deductible and I have to pay the full amount.  Since I had already reached my deductible ($1,000.00), my share was 20% of the visit.

So I wait for the doctor's office to return the difference to me.   And I wait.  I've been in this position before.  The doctor wants the money up front; but just try to get any back from them.
So I called the office today to see what the hold up was.  I was told it would take them 6 to 8
WEEKS to send me a check!

Interesting.  We are charged an arm and a leg for medical service.  (Our insurance charges 2 arms
and legs for coverage.  Which gets worse and more expensive by the year.)  Yet, the accounting
department can't process a small check in less than 1 1/2 months.  The longer they hang onto my
money, the more interest they make.  It's like Vegas, with the odds stacked in the house's favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment